Freitag, 16. Oktober 2009

1. Marketing from my viewpoint

First of all there several approaches to this subject, so I decided to answer some questions to show you my point of view.

1.) Tell us what is the role and significance of marketing in your life?
2.) Does it help you or embarrass you?
3.) How is it visible around you in your ordinary life?
4.) How could you manage without it?

After that, I will give a short definition of marketing and explain the meaning in general and for me.

Before I tell you what marketing is for me, I will talk about marketing in general.

Marketing is everywhere. In the morning when you read the newspaper, there is marketing. When you go to work/school there is marketing as well.

It doesn't depend on what you do or where you are, everywhere you will find marketing.

Marketing also can have different ways to be presented. On the one hand there is advertising everywhere and on the other hand there is mouth-to-mouth propaganda.

For me marketing has somehow an important role, otherwise not.

It is important for me, that I can see what there is new e.g. products, or that I can see special offers e.g. in the supermarket.
In general it can be said, that marketing is very helpful in my daily life.
On the one hand it informs me and on the other hand it also entertains me.

But there is also the question, what would life be without marketing?
For me I think there will be several changes, because I don’t get information about special offers, or other things like that. So I would only go to the same supermarket every time, buy the same things there and so on.
Life would be monotone and boring without it, I guess.
In my opinion it is also not imaginative to live without marketing, because in the whole life you are in contact to marketing and then it would be suddenly gone, so that is something which is really hard and the world would not be as colorful as it is nowadays.
But one of the most important things is that you we will not get informed about new products. That means you have a several standard, and if there are new products, you will perhaps not use them, because you stick to your old products.

For marketing there are different definitions, which in general are similar, but I choose the one from Dr. Philip Kotler, because it has in my opinion more content than others. Furthermore this is a definition, which does not need much explanation, because everything is in it.


Definition

"Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, services, organizations, and events to create and maintain relationships that will satisfy individual and organizational objectives."
Dr. Philip Kotler


In this definition you can see that Dr. Philip Kotler presents the whole idea of the marketing. There are several examples which you could use, it is for each product similar, but I will choose a product, which I will also use in the other tasks.

Example: A Car

A Car must first be produced and while you are producing the car, you think about the target group.
Therefore it is very important to look after the things which you will put into the car. Furthermore this is also the final decision about the price.
After you have decided about that, you think about the promotion of the car, where you are going to present it and so on.
When the final presentation is ready and your product, in this case the car is on the market, the car dealer is the one, who is responsible for the service and for the individual planning (that means the color and the extras which you are going to order for your car). That means every car is special, so he is the one who will satisfy your needs.

In this example you can see how Dr. Philip Kotler means his definition. Furthermore it can be seen, that for every product it is the same way. First there must be the product, and then it goes on the market.
All in all it can be said that Dr. Philip Kotler has found a very general definition, for each product. Also this definition has everything in its context what is needed for marketing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen